Thursday 11 October 2012

Anna Popovich - Clothes Designer



Next in our series of interviews with the designers featured in Inspired:London is Anna Popovich. 

 
What is the name and background behind your company?





My company name is Anna Popovich. I currently design, cut and make all my womenswear designs so I’m very happy to use my own name!

Where are you based? 

I live and work in East London

How long have you been in business for? 

I began making bespoke pieces about four years ago but started making collections two years ago



What do you love most about living in London? 

The amazingly creative street style. Londoners are sartorially fearless!

Who or what inspires you? 

Everyone and everything. Each collection I make has a few key sources of inspiration; a book, a film, a particular artist, but I’ll be constantly be looking around and absorbing ideas.



What advice would you give designers starting out? 

Just start! I’ve taken various courses and internships but I’ve found I’ve learnt most from just doing.

What is new for your company? 

I’ve recently launched my ASOS Boutique https://marketplace.asos.com/boutique/annapopovich and I’ve just finished my Spring Summer 13 collection which you’ll be able to view on my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anna-Popovich very soon before it is appears in my boutique in March.




No comments:

Post a Comment