Sunday 18 November 2012

Hope and Eden - Beautiful childrens gifts

Today ,we chat to Inspired:London featured designer, Hope and Eden.


What is name and background behind your company?
For many years I worked as a freelance fashion textile designer, later combining this with teaching at various art colleges. After becoming Mum to two beautiful daughters, I was inspired to start producing cuddly creatures to keep them company at night, other Mums loved them and asked me to make creatures and other items for their children and my range grew from there. I named my business after my daughters, as they were my inspiration for starting Hope and Eden. 

Where are you based? 
I am based in lovely East Dulwich. 

How long have you been in business for? 
I started my business in April 2010 and have loved every minute since. 



What do you love most about living in London? 
It’s such an inspiring place to live with such diverse cultures and people. 

Who or what inspires you? 
I am inspired by many things: the nostalgia of 1950’s children’s book illustrations, especially the colourful, witty work of Miroslav Sesek and Paul Rand; the joy of childhood and its many memories; and a love of natural fabrics, pattern and vintage buttons. 



What advice would you give designers starting out? 
Do what you enjoy and don’t be afraid to take creative risks. 

What is new for your company? 
I am currently working on a range of new products. 



Websites: 

Follow Us On Twitter:

Find Us on Facebook:

1 comment: