Saturday 1 December 2012

Jilltydrawings - British vintage inspired gifts and homewares


This evening we find out more about Inspired:London featured Designer, Jilltydrawings


What is name and background behind your company?
I graduated from Kingston University in 2005 with a degree in Illustration and have been pursuing a career in that field whilst working at various temp positions. I have explored another avenue for exposure of my work through my Designer/Maker name Jilltydrawings where I have developed a range of British vintage inspired gifts and homewares.


Where are you based?
I design all my things in my room in Southwark, London and I print at East London Printmakers studio in Hackney.

How long have you been in business for?
I printed my first tea-towels in 2010.


What do you love most about living in London?
It’s history and mysteries. It is a constantly changing city with lots around to get inspired from.

Who or what inspires you?
I like drawing food and learning about cutesy British traditions. I love afternoon tea and the Brits’ obsession with tea drinking and retro Britain. I enjoy working with typefaces and draw a lot of inspiration from old shop fronts and vintage packaging.


What advice would you give designers starting out?
It is always good to try things even if they don’t work out something may follow up afterwards.

What is new for your company?
Party bags! I’ve just started to do a bespoke printing service for party bags and I’m currently developing the designs.



1 comment: