Wednesday 19 December 2012

Justine Ellis Designs - Screen printed homewares & textiles


Today we talk to Justine about her business; Justine Ellis Designs.

What is name and background behind your company?
Justine Ellis Designs

I have been screen printing for nearly 10 years, but I finally took the plunge and left my day job as a Special Needs Teacher about 3 years ago. Since then, I have been printing like mad and teaching others to do the same.



Where are you based?
I’m based in woody enclave between Crystal Palace & Dulwich.

How long have you been in business for?
For about 3 years.


What do you love most about living in London?
What’s not to love? I was born here and yet I still get that excited feeling when I see the glorious view as I cross the river by train.


Who or what inspires you?
I’m inspired by mid century art, architecture, design & textiles. Places I’ve been, places I imagine going. Colour, pattern & texture.


What advice would you give designers starting out?
Be supportive of your peers, share your knowledge and help each other out.


What is new for your company?
I’ve recently been making a range of hand printed lampshades, which are currently selling well.


No comments:

Post a Comment