Wednesday 12 December 2012

Ozzybag - Handmade bags

Today we chat with Ozlem from Ozzybags. 



What is name and background behind your company?
My name is Ozlem and my company called Ozzybag. The Inspiration for Ozzybag came to after studying Handbag Design at the LCF in 2006. From there Ozzybag formed its identity. I love accessorizing, it's something that I have always been attracted to, no girl or woman can do without a handbag, especially me :)  So since then I have tried to create functional and quirky handbags. I've enjoyed every minute and LOVE the design process seeing where I can take my creations.


Where are you based?
I am based in Battersea.

How long have you been in business for?
I’ve only officially been in business since 2011. Back home I started sewing and creating bags as a hobby when I was at high school and I wanted to learn more about how to sew and create bags and I decided to move to London to study. 


What do you love most about living in London?
I love everything about London! It is such an inspiring city with full of talented, creative and open minded people ! I also love being able to discover amazing places, such as hiding fabric shops all around the London to create unique   Ozzbags!

Who or what inspires you?
Everything! But mainly I inspired by the people. I read a lot of fashion blogs and I always try to keep up with the latest fashion news and colors.


What advice would you give designers starting out?
Do something you like and don't expect it all at once.

What is new for your company?

At the moment I'm busy creating my new range of bags for the Autumn and Winter collection. 


No comments:

Post a Comment